Monday 6 June 2022
The Emberger Alm Berglauf (‘Emberg Pasture Mountain Run’) is a mountain running event in the state of Kärnten (Carinthia) in Austria.
It offers two highly-challenging uphill races:
- Emberger Alm Lauf (6.1km with 1,050m of ascent)
- Naßfeldriegellauf (8km with 1,545m of ascent)
Starting at an elevation of 690 metres in Berg im Drautal, a very neat and pretty village in the Drava valley, both routes run on roads (40 percent) and steep trails (60 percent) through dense forests to the Emberger Alm mountain pasture (1,740m; pictured above), a favourite destination for paragliding and hang gliding pilots and for amateur astronomers.
Participants in the Naßfeldriegellauf pass the finish area on the Emberger Alm and run another gruelling 1,900 metres to finish their race on the summit of Naßfeldriegel (2,235m) in a stunning high-alpine environment:
Map of the venue:
Number of finishers:
- Emberger Alm Lauf: 77 runners
- Naßfeldriegellauf: 22 runners
- Event cancelled due to Covid-19 restrictions
- Emberger Alm Lauf: 102 runners and 5 nordic walkers
- Naßfeldriegellauf: cancelled
- Emberger Alm Lauf: 78 runners and 17 nordic walkers
- Naßfeldriegellauf: 28 runners
26. Emberger Alm Berglauf:
- 6 June 2022 (Whit Monday; public holiday in Austria)
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.