Saturday 19 June 2021
Held on a midsummer Saturday evening at the Traunsee, a twelve-kilometre-long lake in Oberösterreich (Upper Austria), the Traunsee Halbmarathon offers three point-to-point road running races:
- 21.1km from Ebensee to Gmunden
- 11.5km from Traunkirchen to Gmunden
- 4km from Altmünster to Gmunden
The half marathon begins in the town of Ebensee at the lake's southern tip. The first five kilometres are run through the valley south of the lake. Then, the route heads north along the western shore to the old summer resort of Gmunden which is at the northern end of the Traunsee.
The course is mainly flat and fast. The difference between the lowest and the highest point on the course is 31 metres.
Railway transport from Gmunden to the start areas is included in the entry fees.
Map of the venue (blue: start; red: finish):
Number of finishers:
- 2020: Event cancelled due to coronavirus outbreak
- 2019: 923 half marathon runners and 64 relay teams
- 2018: 930 half marathon runners and 90 relay teams
3. Traunsee Halbmarathon:
- Saturday 19 June 2021
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.