Friday 30 July 2021
This running event is held annually on a Friday evening in July in Villach, a town of about 60,000 people, located in the state of Kärnten (Carinthia) in the southern part of Austria, near the borders with Italy and Slovenia.
The event comprises four races:
- 500m Kinderlauf (children under 10)
- 1.83km Jugendlauf (young athletes under 18)
- 1.83km Trachtenlauf (folk costume run)
- 5.82km Citylauf
Participants in the Citylauf run three laps through the town centre, i.e. through the Old Town, along the Drau river and across two bridges.
The race course is undulating and closed to all traffic.
Map of the venue:
Number of finishers in the 5.82km race:
- 2021: 187
- 2020: Event cancelled due to Covid-19 restrictions
- 2019: 183
- 2018: 212
- 2017: 257
- 2016: 278
- 2015: 258
- 2014: 311
20. Citylauf Villach:
- 30 July 2021 (Friday)
Start time and race distance:
- 19.00: 500m Kinderlauf
- 19.10/19.20 (?): 1.83km Jugendlauf, Trachtenlauf
- 19.35: 5.82km Citylauf
Race review and details:
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.