Wien (Austria), Saturday 7 October 2017
Held every single year since 1949, the Höhenstraßenlauf in Austria's capital city Vienna is a road running event with a long tradition.
Competitors run 14.3km of a hilly point-to-point course along Vienna's longest road, the Wiener Höhenstraße, a historic panoramic road built on the slopes of the Wienerwald hills on the north-western edge of the city (pictured).
Made of granite paving stones, the Höhenstraße was completed in 1938. It features hairpin turns like an alpine road.
The race begins on the Leopoldsberg hill on the right bank of the River Danube.
It ends on the athletics track of the Marswiese sports centre.
From start to finish, the course drops approximately 110 metres.
During the race, the course is closed to all traffic.
This year, the event offers the option to run the race as a relay team of three (2.3km + 5.7km + 6.3km).
Venue (Map): Höhenstraße, Wien
Date: 7 October 2017 (Saturday)
- 14.3km Staffel (relay teams of three runners: 2.3km + 5.7km + 6.3km)
Start: at 14.00 at the car park on the Leopoldsberg
Finish: Sportplatz Marswiese in Neuwaldegg
Race centre: Sportzentrum Marswiese, Neuwaldeggerstr. 57a, 1170 Wien (Friday 6 October 2017, 15.00-18.00; on the day 10.30-12.30)
- late entries on Friday 6 October 2017 (15.00-18.00) and on the day of the race (10.30-12.30)
Entry fees (individual runners):
- € 19 (up to 31 August 2017)
- € 25 (up to 4 October 2017)
- € 35 (on 6 and 7 October 2017)
Entry fees (relay teams):
- € 45 (up to 4 October 2017)
- € 60 (on 6 and 7 October 2017)
Timekeeping: MaxFunTiming bib chip timing (included in the entry fees)
- technical T-shirt to the first 200 individual entries and to the first 50 entries for the relay
- bus service from the Sportplatz Marswiese to the start (at 12.50)
- bus service to the finish (for relay runners)
- transport of personal bags from the start area to the finish area
- refreshments on the course and at the finish
Showers and changing facilities: Sportzentrum Marswiese
- to the first three finishers in each age group
- to the first 3 relay teams in each category (male/female/mixed)
Number of finishers 2016: 219
Number of finishers 2017: 199
- Amos Kibiwot Korgat (42min 42sec)
- Christa Wallner (1hr 2min 11sec)
Event website: www.hoehenstrassenlauf.at
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page! Please visit the official event website to verify the above information.