Eisenstadt (Austria), Sunday 8 October 2017
Same event, new name: The Landhauslauf has been upgraded to a City Run.
Despite the name change, it will probably remain a rather small event (265 finishers in six races last year), held in the smallest of Austria's nine provincial capitals, Eisenstadt, capital of the Burgenland and home to just over 14,000 souls.
However, the Landhauslauf-turned-City-Run features a pleasant setting and a scenic course which takes the runners through the pedestrianized Altstadt (Old Town) and past the massive Schloss Esterházy (pictured). Participants also run through a corner of the Palace Park.
The route is 2.2km long and a bit undulating.
You can choose to run either 2.2km (one lap), 4.4km (two laps) or 11km (five laps). The event also offers races for children (500m, 1km) and for nordic walkers (4.4km).
- 8 October 2017 (Sunday)
- Eisenstadt (Vienna 54km, Bratislava 71km, Györ 105km, Graz 173km)
Start and finish:
- on Hauptstraße (in the heart of the Old Town)
Start time and race distacne:
- 9.50: 500m Kinderlauf (kids' run)
- 10.00: 1km Kinderlauf (kids' run)
- 11.15: 2.2km, 4.4km, 11km
- 11.20: 4.4km nordic walking
- Volksbank, Fanny Elßler Gasse 4 (on the day 8.30-10.45)
- online (up to 6 October 2017, 10.00) with payment by bank transfer
- late entries on the day (from 8.30 up to 30 minutes before the start)
Entry fees (2.2km):
- € 15 (up to 6 October 2017)
- € 18 (up to 8 October 2017)
Entry fees (4.4km):
- € 18 (up to 6 October 2017)
- € 21 (up to 8 October 2017)
Entry fees (11km):
- € 20 (up to 6 October 2017)
- € 24 (up to 8 October 2017)
- bib chip timing (fee: € 3)
- goody bag
- free massage service
- free tour through the Esterházy Palace
Showers and changing facilities:
- Landwirtschaftliche Fachschule
- trophies and medals
- in Schloss Esterházy (10.20: children; 13.15: adults)
Number of finishers 2016:
- 500m: 64
- 1km: 28
- 2.2km: 10
- 4.4km: 88
- 11km: 62
- 4.4km nordic walking: 13
Event website (in German):
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page. Please visit the official event website to verify the above information.