Kassel (Germany), Sunday 1 October 2017
The Kassel Marathon attracts around 2,500 half marathon runners, 500 marathon runners and 500 marathon relay teams to the streets of Kassel, a city of about 200,000 people in the state of Hessen (Hesse) in central Germany.
Kassel has largely a postwar appearance as most of its historic buildings were destroyed in World War Two. It's a very green city, however, set in a beautiful hilly region, and well worth a visit for its wonderful parks and its fine museums and art exhibitions.
Both the half and the full marathon feature an undulating single-loop course. The difference between the lowest and the highest point on the marathon course is approximately 60 metres. From start to finish, the 42.2-kilometre route includes 180 metres of ascent.
The start is at the Auestadion on the edge of the Baroque Karlsaue park in the southern part of the city. The finish line is on the athletics track inside the stadium.
The time limit to finish the race is six hours.
- Kassel (168km from Hannover, 193km from Frankfurt, 311km from Hamburg, 380km from Berlin)
- 1 October 2017 (Sunday)
Start time and race distance:
- 9.00: 21.1km handbikers
- 9.15: 21.1km runners and power walkers
- 10.00: 42.2km runners and 4-person relay teams (10.6km+12.1km+9.2km+10.3km)
- on Damaschkestraße (near the Auestadion)
- on the athletics track of the Auestadion
- Auesporthalle (Friday 14.00-20.00, Saturday 10.00-20.00, on the day from 7.30)
- online or by post (up to 20 September 2017)
- late entries on the day
- €27 (up to 31 December 2016)
- €30 (up to 31 March 2017)
- €35 (up to 30 June 2017)
- €42 (up to 20 September 2017)
- €52 (up to 1 October 2017)
- €37 (up to 31 December 2016)
- €41 (up to 31 March 2017)
- €49 (up to 30 June 2017)
- €60 (up to 20 September 2017)
- €70 (up to 1 October 2017)
- Davengo EasyChip (included in the entry fees)
- breakfast run (Saturday 10.00)
- pasta party (Saturday 14.30-18.30)
- finisher medal
- massage service at the finish
- bus service for relay runners
- entrants can order a T-shirt for the price of €15
- showers, changing facilities, bag storage
- 21.1km: at 12.00
- 42.2km: at 14.00
Number of finishers 2016:
- 21.1km: 2,377 runners, 114 walkers and 17 handbikers
- 42.2km: 419 runners and 447 relay teams
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page! Please visit the official event website to verify the above information.