Hohwacht (Germany), Sunday 16 July 2017
No, the Alpen-Lauf is not held in the Alps (German: Alpen). It takes place in the small beach resort of Hohwacht on the German Baltic Sea coast.
The event has got its name from the Edeka Alpen supermarket where all races begin and end — the 1.2km run for children, the 5km run and walk, and the 10km run.
Starting at the supermarket, near the beach, the 5k is one lap and the 10k is two laps of an undulating, varied and very scenic multi-terrain course.
The route runs through dense woods, up to a viewing point on the cliffs, and along the beach promenade.
The Alpen-Lauf Hohwacht is held for a good cause. The race organizers will donate one euro for each kilometre that you run or walk.
- 16 July 2017 (Sunday)
- Hohwacht (43km from Kiel, 67km from Lübeck, 113km from Hamburg)
Start time and race distance:
- 10.00: 5km run, walk, team run
- 10.00: 10km run
- 11.30: 1.2km run (children 8 years and under)
Start and finish:
- at the Edeka Alpen supermarket on Seestraße (ca. 100m from the beach)
- Touristinformation Hohwacht (10-14 July 2017)
- at the Edeka Alpen supermarket (on the day 8.00-9.30)
- by e-mail (see official event website) with payment by bank transfer up to 11 July 2017
- late entries for individual runners on the day up to 9.00
- 8 years and under: €3
- 17 years and under: €5
- 18 years and over: €10
- goodie bag
- fruit and drinks in the start/finish area
- free parking
- to the fastest finishers in each race
- to the best team (at least 3 runners; the average finishing time will determine the ranking)
- at 12.30 in the start/finish area
Number of finishers 2016:
- 5km run: 89
- 5km walk: 28
- 10km: 60
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page! Please visit the official event website to verify the above information.