Monte Baldo (Italy), Sunday 23 July 2017
The Trail della speranza sul sentiero delle 3 aquile ("Trail of Hope along the Path of the Three Eagles") takes place every year in the summer on Monte Baldo, a mountain ridge that stretches along the eastern shore of the Lago di Garda, Italy's largest lake.
Also called il giardino d'Europa ("the garden of Europe"), Monte Baldo is well known for its wide variety of beautiful flowers. It also offers stunning panoramic views of Lake Garda.
Two challenging multi-terrain races are available:
- 25 kilometres with 1,250 metres of ascent
- 35 kilometres with 1,800 metres of ascent.
Both races are started at 8.30am at the Chalet Novezza mountain hut which sits at an elevation of about 1,400 metres on the eastern slopes of the mountain.
The finish line is at 1,750 metres above sea level at the summit station of the cableway from Malcesine (on Lake Garda) to the Monte Baldo ridge.
The time limit to finish the race is five hours for the 25k and seven hours for the 35k race.
- Monte Baldo (50km from Verona, 68km from Trento, 169km from Venice, 175km from Milano)
- 23 July 2017 (Sunday)
- 25km (+1250m)
- 35km (+1800m)
- at 8.30 at the Chalet Novezza (1,390m)
- on Monte Baldo (1,750m), at the summit station of the cableway (funivia) from Malcesine
- in the start area (on the day from 7.30)
- online or by fax or e-mail
- entry limit: 400 runners
- entrants must provide a medical certificate at registration
Entry fees (25km):
- € 22 (up to 30 June 2017)
- € 27 (up to 18 July 2017)
Entry fees (35km):
- € 27 (up to 30 June 2017)
- € 32 (up to 18 July 2017)
- goody bag
- transport of personal clothing to the finish
- pasta party after the race (in the finish area)
- chairlift and bus service from the finish back to the start area
- to the largest groups
- to the first 20 men and 10 women in the 25km race
- to the first 10 men and 5 women in the 35km race
- at 13.00
Number of finishers 2016:
- 25km: 227
- 35km: 51
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page. Please visit the official event website to verify the above information.