Graun (Curon), Italy, Saturday 15 July 2017
The Reschenseelauf (Italian: Giro Lago di Resia) is a 15.3km race in South Tyrol, an alpine province in the far north of Italy where most residents speak German as a first language.
Every year, the event attracts an international crowd of about 3,000 or more participants.
The race is one lap around the Reschensee (Lago di Resia), a 6km-long reservoir that sits at an elevation of 1,500 metres near the borders with Austria and Switzerland.
Starting near the steeple of the submerged church of the village of Graun (Curon), the race follows a very beautiful lakeside cycle route.
The course is partly flat and partly undulating. Approximately twelve kilometres of the race are run on asphalt. Three kilometres are on gravel.
In order to avoid congestion on the course, the race is started in five waves, at five-minute intervals. Runners are free to choose which group suits them best.
All entrants to the Hauptlauf (gara principale) must provide a medical certificate at registration.
You don't need to produce such a certificate if you register for the Just for Fun run. The route is the same but you are not eligible for prizes.
Nordic walkers and handbikers can take part in the event without a medical certificate.
In 2016, Giovanni Gualdi defended his title in the Reschenseelauf in a time of 49 minutes 28 seconds. Eliana Patelli led the women across the line, finishing in 58 minutes 34 seconds.
- 15 July 2017 (Saturday)
- Graun/Curon (102km from Bolzano, 123km from Innsbruck, 212km from Munich, 248km from Verona)
- near the submerged church of Graun (Curon)
Start time and race distance:
- 13.30: children's races
- 16.57: 15.3km handbike race
- 17.00-17.20: 15.3km Hauptlauf (gara principale) and Just for Fun run
- 17.20: 15.3km nordic walking
- in the start/finish area (Friday 14 July 2017, 14.00-20.00; on the day 8.00-16.00)
- online (up to 9 July 2017)
- late entries on 14 and 15 July 2017
- entrants to the 15.3km race (Hauptlauf/gara principale) must provide a medical certificate at registration
- Just for Fun runners, nordic walkers, handbikers and children don't need to produce a medical certificate
- €10 (up to 9 July 2017)
- €32 (up to 9 July 2017)
- €50 (on 14 and 15 July 2017)
- TDS bib chip timing (included in the entry fees)
- running vest
- goodie bag
- snacks and drinks on the course and at the finish
- massage service
- free parking
- medal and a product prize to all children
- showers, changing facilities, bag storage
- 15.3km Hauptlauf: product prizes to the first ten men and 10 women and to the first five in each age group
- children: at ca. 15.00
- 15.3km: at ca. 21.00
Number of finishers 2016:
- 2393 runners
- 123 walkers
- 7 handbikers
- 353 children
- 6 Special OIympics runners
Event website (in German and Italian):
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page! Please visit the official event website to verify the above information.