The Bertlicher Straßenläufe ("Bertlich Road Races") take place in Herten, a former mining town in the green northern part of the industrial Ruhrgebiet (Ruhr region) in Germany.
This year they will be held, like every year, on three occasions:
- 12 February 2017
- 24 September 2017
- 3 December 2017
Each event features eight races:
The 15km race is open to runners, walkers and nordic walkers.
All races begin and end at the Sportplatz (sports field) in Bertlich, a district of Herten, situated about eight kilometres north of the Veltins-Arena, Germany's fifth-largest football stadium and home of the Bundesliga club Schalke 04.
The route runs on minor asphalt roads through agricultural land. The course is gently undulating. It has been accurately measured.
Participants in the half marathon run two laps. The 30km race is three laps and the marathon is also three laps. The time limit to finish the marathon is five hours.
- Herten-Bertlich (13km from Gelsenkirchen, 24km from Essen, 42km from Dortmund)
Start and finish:
- at the Sportplatz on Heinrich-Obenhaus-Straße
- Glück-Auf-Werkstatt, Hasselbruchstraße 24 (in the start/finish area)
- in person (on the day up to 30 minutes before the start)
- no online entries
- stopwatch timing
- finisher medal to all children
- child care
- changing facilities and showers
- bag storage
- trophy to the first finisher in each age group (except for the 850m run)
- team prizes
Number of participants 2016:
- February: ca. 950
- September: ca. 800
- November: ca. 1050
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page! Please visit the official event website to verify the above information.