Mursko Središće (Croatia), Saturday 26 August 2017
The Utrka grada Mursko Središće ("Mursko Središće Town Run") in Croatia offers a 10km road race, a 2.5km town run and a 100m run for kids.
All three races begin and end at the football pitch of Mursko Središće, a small town of about 6,500 people, situated on the River Mura (pictured) at the northern tip of the country.
The 10k race is run out and back along a country road through the flat agricultural area that lies to the east of Croatia's northernmost town.
Although the entry fees are very low, there are many small prizes for the best finishers, and all participants get a meal after the race.
The area around Mursko Središće is unspectacular but very charming with rolling hills and vineyards to the west, low-lying farmland to the east, and green dikes along the Mura.
In the vicinity, there are three thermal spas, in three different countries. Slovenia is just across the river, and Hungary is also just about ten kilometres away.
In 2016, the 10k winners were Igor Goričanec (33 minutes 35 seconds) and Martina Bezek (41 minutes 10 seconds).
- Mursko Središće (28km from Varaždin, 65km from Zalaegerszeg, 115km from Zagreb, 127km from Graz)
- 26 August 2017 (Saturday)
Start time and race distance:
- 17.10: 100m (children 8 years and under)
- 17.30: 2.5km
- 17.30: 10km
Start and finish:
- at the Nogometno igralište NK Rudar (football pitch NK Rudar)
- by e-mail (up to 23 August 2017)
- in person in the start area (on the day 14.00-17.00)
Entry fees (100m):
- HRK 10 (ca. € 1.35)
Entry fees (2.5km):
- HRK 30 (ca. € 4.05)
Entry fees (10km):
- HRK 50 (ca. € 6.75)
- souvenir gift
- a meal after the race
- showers and changing facilities
- to the first 3 men and 3 women
- to the first 5 men and 5 women
- to the first 3 in each age group (prizes are not cumulative)
Number of finishers 2016:
- 2.5km: 71
- 10km: 86
Event details (in Croatian):
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.