Štrbské Pleso (Slovakia), Saturday 24 September 2016
Set in the High Tatras, a truly imposing mountain range on the Slovakia-Poland border, the Memoriál Pavla Antala (Pavol Antal Memorial) is a highly-scenic trail race.
The route is 8km long. From start to finish, it features 250 metres of ascent.
The race begins with a loop around Štrbské pleso (pictured above), a glacial lake in the resort of Štrbské Pleso, located at an elevation of 1,350m in the Tatra National Park. The finishing line is at Popradské pleso, also a glacial lake, situated at about 1,500m above sea level:
Held annually since 1995 in commemoration of the Slovak sportsman Pavol Antal, the event has attracted elite and fun runners from many different countries.
Race information: 22. Memoriál Pavla Antala 2016:
- Štrbské Pleso (158km from Kraków, 290km from Budapest, 330km from Bratislava, 408km from Vienna)
- 24 September 2016 (Saturday)
- at Hotel Patria at the Štrbské pleso lake
- at Horský Hotel at the Popradské pleso lake
- Hotel Patria (on the day 8.00-9.00)
- entries close 15 September 2016 or when the entry limit has been reached (120 participants)
- €10 (up to 15 August 2016)
- €15 (up to 15 September 2016)
- transport of personal clothing from the start to the finish
- finisher medal
- refreshments at the finish
- at 11.00 at Horský Hotel Popradské Pleso
Number of finishers 2015:
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or completeness of the information on this page! Please visit the official event website to verify the above information.