Plzeň (Czech Republic), Saturday 8 October 2016
Participants in the Plzeňský půlmaraton (Pilsen Half Marathon) run three laps of an accurately-measured and mostly-flat course through the city centre of Plzeň (also known as Pilsen), a city of 170,000 people in Bohemia, Czech Republic.
Starting on náměstí Republiky, one of Europe's largest town squares (pictured), the route is very scenic as it runs through the historic town centre, along two rivers, and around the Doosan Arena, the home of FC Viktoria Pilsen, Czech football champion 2011, 2013, 2015 and 2016.
The race is run on mixed terrain (paved roads, asphalt and gravel).
In addition to the 21.1km half marathon, the event offers:
- a 1.2km Rodinný běh (Family Run: three laps around the cathedral),
- a 7km Městský běh (City Run: one lap of the half marathon course)
- and a 21.1km Firemní štafety (Corporate Relay Race: 3x7km).
- 8 October 2016 (Saturday)
- Czech Republic
- Plzeň (93km from Prague, 190km from Dresden, 208km from Nuremberg)
Start time and race distance:
- 12.00: 1.2km Rodinný běh (Family Run)
- 13.00: 7km Městský běh (City Run)
- 13.00: 21.1km Plzeňský půlmaraton (Pilsen Half Marathon)
- 13.00: 3x7km Firemní štafety (Corporate Relay Race)
Start and finish:
- náměstí Republiky (Republic Square)
- NC Decathlon, Stavbařská 2, Borská Pole, Plzeň (7 October 2016, 10.00-18.00)
- in the start/finish area (on the day 8.00-12.15)
- online (up to 3 October 2016)
- late entries on the day
- 1.2km: CZK 30 (entries on the day)
- 7km: CZK 200/250/300 (up to 30 April/3 October/8 October 2016)
- 21.1km: CZK 500/550/650 (up to 30 April/3 October/8 October 2016)
- 3x7km relay: CZK 800/900 per team (up to 30 April/8 October 2016)
Exchange rate: CZK 100 = ca. €3.70 (August 2016)
- a souvenir gift
- 7km, 21.1km:
- chip timing
- goodie bag
- snacks and drinks on the course and at the finish
- finisher medal
- bag storage
- optional: Entrants can order a technical T-shirt for the price of CZK 300 (up to 16 September 2016).
- 21.1km: to the first 6 men and 6 women and to the first 3 in each age group
- 3x7km: to the first 3 teams overall, to the first 3 women teams and to the first 3 mixed teams
- at 15.30
Number of finishers 2015:
- 21.1km: 498
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page. Please visit the official event website to verify the above information.