Izola (Slovenia), Sunday 6 November 2016
In 2016, the Martinov tek in pohod ("St Martin's Run and Walk") will be, for the first time, a non-competitive event. Finishing times will not be recorded any more. The fastest finishers will receive an award, however.
Set on the Adriatic coast in Slovenia, the event offers a hilly and very scenic 11km tek (run) and a 6km pohod (guided walk).
Both routes begin and end on the grassy Plaža San Simon (San Simon Beach), which is located about 1.5km west of the picturesque old town of Izola.
The route takes the runners on mixed terrain through vineyards and olive groves, along the disused Parenzana railway track, through a former railway tunnel and along the coast, passing Izola's old fishing harbour and the modern marina.
Race report and photos:
- 6 November 2016 (Sunday)
- Izola (9km from Koper, 29km from Trieste, 111km from Ljubljana)
Start and finish:
- Plaža San Simon ("San Simon Beach"), Simonov zaliv ("Simon's Bay")
- 10.30: guided walk (ca. 6km)
- 11.00: run (ca. 11km)
- online (up to 2 November 2016)
- late entries on the day (walkers: 8.00-10.00; runners: 8.00-10.30)
- a medal and a meal (for advance entries)
- a bottle of wine
- drinks on the course
- entry into the prize drawing
Number of finishers 2015:
- 114 (11km)
Event details (in Slovene):
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page! Please visit the official event website to verify the above information.