Chemnitz (Germany), Sunday 3 July 2016
Chemnitz, a city of about 240,000 people in the state of Saxony in eastern Germany, is well worth a visit for its excellent museums, its fascinating mix of architectural styles, and for its impressive Karl Marx Monument.
The Chemnitz Marathon gives you another reason to visit the ‘Stadt der Moderne’.
It offers races for all ages and abilities:
- children's races,
- 5km run
- 10.55km quarter marathon,
- 21.1km half marathon,
- 42.2km marathon,
- 42.2km relay race for teams of four runners
The quarter marathon is one lap, the half marathon is two laps, and the full marathon is four laps of a gently-undulating course.
Starting at the medieval Roter Turm ("Red Tower"), the oldest buillding in the city, the race takes the runners across Neumarkt (pictured above), through the modern city centre, and through the 6km-long wooded Stadtpark (pictured below), so a good deal of the course is in the shade.
Last year, the marathon winners were André Fischer (2:51:42) and Maria Sophie Gerlach (4:21:12). The time limit to finish the race is six hours.
The Chemnitz Marathon is a non-profit event. Proceeds will be donated to charity.
- Chemnitz (77km from Dresden, 84km from Leipzig, 167km from Prague, 260km from Berlin)
- 3 July 2016 (Sunday)
Start time and race distance:
- 9.30: 42.2km marathon and 42.2km relay (4x10.55km)
- 9.35: 421m Bambinilauf (children's race)
- 9.45: 10.55km quarter marathon and 21.1km half marathon
- 10.00: 2.5km Jugendmarathon (junior marathon)
- 12.45: 5km Minimarathon
Start and finish:
- at Roter Turm
- Galerie Roter Turm (2 July 2016, 12.00-20.00)
- info tent (on the day from 8.00 until one hour before the start)
- online (up to 30 June 2016)
- late entries on 2 July 2016 and on the day of the race
Entry fees (5km):
- €5 (up to 14 February 2016)
- €8 (up to 30 June 2016)
- €15 (up to 3 July 2016)
Entry fees (10.55km):
- €11 (up to 14 February 2016)
- €16 (up to 30 June 2016)
- €22 (up to 3 July 2016)
Entry fees (21.1km):
- €15 (up to 14 February 2016)
- €24 (up to 30 June 2016)
- €33 (up to 3 July 2016)
Entry fees (42.2km):
- €30 (up to 14 February 2016)
- €45 (up to 30 June 2016)
- €55 (up to 3 July 2016)
- technical T-shirt (to 42.2km runners)
- pasta party (Saturday 18.00-20.00)
- chip timing
Number of finishers 2015:
- 2.5km: 37
- 5km: 66
- 10.5km: 364
- 21.1km: 248
- 42.2km: 80
- 42.2km relay. 16 teams
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page! Please visit the official event website to verify the above information.