Esbjerg (Denmark), Saturday 27 August 2016
Held in the Esberg Municipality, where more than 13,000 people work in the energy sector, the EnergiLøbet ("Energy Run") offers races for all ages and abilities: a 2.5km run for children, 4.6km, 7.2km, 11.2km, a 21.1km half marathon and a 42.2km marathon.
All races begin and end in Hjerting, a seaside suburb of the port of Esbjerg, Denmark's fifth-largest city with a population of about 72,000, situated on the wind-swept west coast of the Jutland peninsula.
The marathon is two laps of the half marathon course. The race is run on mixed terrain (asphalt, gravel and trails) through beautiful scenery — woods, farmland, grassland, and along the beaches of the Ho Bugt (Ho Bay), the northernmost part of the Wadden Sea National Park.
The route is gently undulating (131m of ascent over the 21.1km).
In 2015, the event had a record number of 731 finishers. The fastest marathon runners were Jacob Glæsner (2hr 59min 15sec) and Lene Andreassen (3hr 19min 38sec). The time limit to complete the course is six hours.
- Esbjerg (159km from Aarhus, 243km from Kiel, 279km from Hamburg, 301km from Copenhagen)
- 27 August 2016 (Saturday)
Start time and race distance:
- 9.00: 42.2km marathon (hel maraton)
- 9.45: 21.1km half marathon (halvmaraton)
- 11.00: 11.2km
- 11.30: 7.2km
- 11.45: 4.6km
- 12.00: 2.5km children's race (børnemaraton)
Start and finish:
- Nordvangskolen, Hjerting, Esbjerg V
- in the start area (on the day from 8.00)
Entry fees (2.5km, 4.6km, 7.2km):
- DKK 50 (up to 31 July 2016)
- DKK 75 (from 1 August 2016)
Entry fees (11.2km):
- DKK 75 (up to 31 July 2016)
- DKK 100 (from 1 August 2016)
Entry fees (21.1km):
- DKK 150 (up to 31 July 2016)
- DKK 200 (from 1 August 2016)
Entry fees (42.2km):
- DKK 200 (up to 31 July 2016)
- DKK 250 (from 1 August 2016)
Entry fees (children 14 years and under, 2.5km-11.2km):
- DKK 50
- DKK 100 = ca. €13.50 (July 2016)
- Sportstiming chip timing (included in the entry fees)
- medal (to all children and to 42km marathon finishers)
- up to five aid stations per lap
Showers and changing facilities:
- to the first 3 men and 3 women in each race
Number of finishers 2015:
- kids' run:131
- 5km: 287
- 11.5km: 138
- 21.1km: 146
- 42.2km: 29
Event website (in Danish):
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page! Please visit the official event website to verify the above information.