Ostrava (Czech Republic), Sunday 6 September 2015
The Czech Republic's oldest marathon race takes place in Ostrava, a lively and sports-mad industrial city with a population of more than 300,000, situated in the Moravian-Silesian Region near the border with Poland.
Entrants can choose between the 5k run (one lap), the 10k (two laps), the half marathon (one lap), or the full marathon (two laps).
The event also offers an 8x5km relay race and a half marathon for kick scooter riders.
All races begin and end at the Trojhalí (Triple Hall), a complex of historic industrial buildings in the redeveloped Nová Karolina area, site of the former Karolina coking plant, located on the southern edge of the city centre.
The route visits Masarykovo náměstí (Ostrava's main square), the Nová radnice (the largest town hall in the country), and the awe-inspiring Dolní oblast Vítkovice (Lower Vítkovice Area; pictured above), which has been declared a site of National Cultural Heritage.
The course is a bit undulating. The time limit to finish the race is three hours for the half marathon and seven hours for the marathon.
- Czech Republic
- Ostrava (91km from Katowice, 172km from Kraków, 173km from Brno, 256km from Bratislava, 303km from Vienna, 332km from Prague)
- 6 September 2015 (Sunday)
- 40km relay (8x5km)
- 9.30: 21km kick scooters
- 10.00: 21.1km, 42.2km
- 10.50: 5km, 10km, relay
Start and finish:
- Trojhalí Sport Expo (Saturday 5 September 2015, 12.00-21.00)
- online (up to 23 August 2015)
- late entries on 5 September 2015
Entry fees (5km, 10km):
- 300/400/500 CZK (up to 30 June/23 August/5 September 2015)
Entry fees (21.1km):
- 400/600/800 CZK (up to 30 June/23 August/5 September 2015)
Entry fees (42.2km):
- 600/800/1000 CZK (up to 30 June/23 August/5 September 2015)
- 100 CZK = ca. 3.65 EUR
- bib chip timing (included in the entry fees)
- T-shirt to marathon and half marathon runners (for entries up to 30 June 2015)
- medal (for entries up to 31 July 2015)
- goodie bag
- snacks and drinks on the course and at the finish
Showers, changing facilities, bag storage:
- to the first 3 in each category
Number of finishers 2014:
- 21.1km: 371
- 42.2km: 176
- relay: 49 teams
Event website (in Czech, English and Polish):
- www.ostravskymaraton.cz (out of date)
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.