Kołobrzeg (Poland), Saturday 2 May 2015
The Kołobrzeg Maraton offers a 42.2km marathon race which connects two red-brick lighthouses on the Polish Baltic coast.
The event will be opened at 9am at the lighthouse of Kołobrzeg, an old town of about 47,000 inhabitants, and one of the most popular seaside resorts in Poland.
From the lighthouse (pictured), participants will walk or jog along the beach to the start which will be at 10am in the spa district in the eastern part of town.
The route is very scenic as it runs eastwards out and back a cycleway along the coast to the lighthouse in the village of Gąski.
In 2014, Łukasz Wirkus (2:41:16) and Urszula Kasztelan (3:16:37) led a field of more than 300 marathon runners across the finish line. The time limit to complete the course is six hours.
- 2 May 2015 (Saturday)
- Kołobrzeg (138km from Szczecin, 229km from Gdańsk, 253km from Poznań, 274km from Berlin)
- at the Hotel Zdrojowy Pro Vita
- Sanatorium "SAN", ul. Kasprowicza 17, Kołobrzeg (Friday 1 May 2015, 16.00-21.30; on the day 7.00-9.00)
- online (up to 25 April 2015)
- late entries on 1 May and 2 May 2015
- race limit: 500 runners
- PLN 95 (up to 10 April 2015)
- PLN 140 (up to 25 April 2015)
- PLN 180 (up to 1 May 2015)
- PLN 250 (up to 2 May 2015)
Exchange rate: PLN 100 = ca. €24 (September 2014)
- a souvenir gift
- pasta party (on Friday)
- chip timing
- finisher medal
- free accommodation option in a sports hall for 200 runners (before the race; on reservation)
- to the first 3 men and 3 women
- to the first 3 in each age group (prizes are not cumulative)
- at 16.00 in the start/finish area
Number of finishers 2013:
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page! Please visit the official event website to verify the above information.