Batuje (Slovenia), Saturday 7 February 2015
The Batujski kros (‘Batuje Cross’) is the third of four cross-country running events that are held between November and March in the Primorska region in the western part of Slovenia.
With 139 finishers it was the largest of the Primorski pokalni krosi (‘Primorska Cup Cross Races’) in the last winter season.
The race distance depends on the age category of the runner:
- 300m-2km: children
- 4km: juniors (1999-1996)
- 6km: men (1969 and older) and women (1995 and older)
- 8km: men (1995-1970)
The 6km race is three laps and the 8km race is four laps of a 2km-long loop course through grassland and woods on the edge of Batuje, a small village in the fruit- and wine-growing Vipava Valley, situated about 16 kilometres from the border with Italy and 30 kilometres from the Adriatic Sea.
- Batuje (42km from Trieste, 54km from Udine, 91km from Ljubljana)
- 7 February 2015 (Saturday)
- 11.00-11.40: children
- 11.40: 4km
- 12.00: 6km
- 12.50: 8km
- on the day from 10.00 on the sports field in Batuje
- €5 (€2 for runners aged 18 years and under)
- tea, fruit, pasta
- medals and product prizes to the first three in each category
Number of finishers 2014:
Event website (in Slovene):
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.