Rudno (Slovenia), Sunday 30 August 2015
The Tek na Dražgoško goro is a small mountain running event with less than 100 finishers but it deserves attention as it is staged in a beautiful rural corner of the mountainous Gorenjska region in Slovenia.
The route is challenging but not too demanding: 7.5km long with 680m of ascent.
Starting in the village of Rudno, which sits in a lovely green valley near the old ironworking town of Železniki, the race takes the runners through forests and pastures to the finish line on Dražgoška gora (1,170m) on the densely wooded Jelovica Plateau.
The race is run mostly on trails. Approximately one kilometre is on asphalt roads.
This is the start area in the village of Rudno.
- Rudno (2km from Železniki, 29km from Kranj, 40km from Ljubljana, 72km from Klagenfurt)
- 30 August 2015 (Sunday)
- 7.5km (+680m)
- at 10.00 in Rudno
- on Dražgoška gora (Mount Dražgoše, 1170m)
- on the day in the start area (8.00-9.40)
- a souvenir gift
- transport of personal clothing to the finish
- drinks on the course and at the finish
- a meal after the race
- entry into the post-race prize drawing
- to the first 3 men and 3 women
- to the first 3 in each category
- at 12.30 on the sports field of the primary school in the village of Dražgoše
Number of finishers 2014:
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.