Ljutomer (Slovenia), Friday 7 August 2015
The Taborski tek (‘Tabor Run’) is held in the lovely Prlekija region in eastern Slovenia, which is well-known for its fine wines and for the many white storks that breed there.
The event comprises children's races, a 3km multi-terrain run, and an 8.5km road race, all starting and finishing on the main square of the small old town of Ljutomer.
Participants in the 8.5km race run out and back towards the village of Cezanjevci:
The event remembers the first mass rally (tabor) that was held in Ljutomer on 9 August 1868 in support of a unification of Slovene-inhabited areas within the Austrian Empire.
Race information: 20. Taborski tek
- 7 August 2015 (Friday)
- Ljutomer (58km from Maribor, 105km from Graz, 119km from Zagreb, 181km from Ljubljana)
- 250m-450m-900m children's races
- 17.00-17.50: children's races
- 18.00: 3km, 8.5km
Start and finish:
- Glavni trg (main square), Ljutomer
- late entries on the day of the event (15.00-16.30)
- 15 years and under: no entry fees
- 16 years and over: € 5
- trophies/medals to the first 3 in each category
- at 19.15
Number of finishers 2014:
- children's races: 112
- 3km: 14
- 8.5km: 62
Event website (in Slovene):
- www.simljutomer.si (out of date)
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.