36. Mali maraton Nabrežina 2014
Aurisina (Nabrežina), Italy, Sunday 5 October 2014
La Mezza di Aurisina is a long-standing half marathon road race, held on the wooded Karst Plateau near the port of Trieste in the north-eastern corner of Italy.
The race begins and ends in the village of Aurisina (Slovene: Nabrežina) which is in a region that is home to a substantial minority of Slovenes. The border with Slovenia is just about six kilometres away, and thus the event attracts a large number of Slovene runners.
The route is out and back and very undulating.
Unfortunately, the course is not closed to traffic. The first (and the last) 6.5 kilometres are run on the rather busy ‘strada provinciale del carso’ (SP1), and on your way back to the finish line you can expect a fair bit of car traffic.
The fine finisher buffet and the pasta party, held after the race in a small park, compensate for any inconveniences.
- 5 October 2014 (Sunday)
- Aurisina (15km from Trieste, 55km from Udine, 99km from Ljubljana, 145km from Venice)
- 21.1km mezza maratona (half marathon)
- at 9.30 on Piazza S. Rocco (in the centre of Aurisina)
- at Area Sokol (a small sports park, ca. 200 metres from the start area)
- ‘Area Sokol’, Aurisina (on the day from 8.00)
- online (for runners from Italy)
- by e-mail (for runners from other countries)
- advance entries close 2 October 2014 at 21.00
- late entries on the day (up to 9.15)
- €15 (up to 2 October 2014)
- €20 (on 5 October 2014)
Deposit for the bib:
- €10 (fully refundable)
- goodie bag
- chip timing
- pasta party after the race
- to the first ten men and five women
- at 12.30
Number of finishers 2013:
Event details (in Italian and Slovene):
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.