Bydgoszcz (Poland), Sunday 24 March 2013
On March 24th 2013, the world's best distance runners will need not only superior stamina to win a medal at the World Cross Country Championships, they will also have to demonstrate excellent technique and acrobatic skills to maintain their balance on the challenging course.
Like in 2010, the event will take place in the Leśny Park Kultury i Wypoczynku ("Forest Park of Culture and Leisure", pictured below), Poland's largest city park, situated on the edge of the city of Bydgoszcz in northern Poland. The course is an undulating 2km loop on grassy terrain which can get muddy and slippery after rain.
The event includes a 6km open race, the Amateur Cross Country Race, which will be held in the afternoon after the championship races.
Around 500 athletes from 56 countries took part in the 2010 World Championships in Bydgoszcz. Kenyan runners took all gold medals.
The next opportunity to attend the World Cross Country Championships will be in 2015 in Guiyang, China.
- Bydgoszcz (131km from Poznan, 170km from Gdansk, 256km from Warsaw, 405km from Berlin)
- 24 March 2013 (Sunday)
- 12.00: 6km Junior Women
- 12.30: 8km Junior Men
- 13.15: 8km Senior Women
- 14.10: 12km Senior Men
- after the Senior Men: 6km open race
Start and finish:
- Leśny Park Kultury i Wypoczynku (ca. 6km north of the city centre)
Entries (open race):
- online on www.bydgoszcznastart.pl (until 15 March 2013, 16.00hr)
- race limit: 900 runners
Entry fees (open race):
- PLN 100 (until 1 March 2013)
- PLN 150 (until 15 March 2013)
You get (open race):
- chip timing
- finisher medal
Prizes (open race):
- to the first 6 men and 6 women
Event website (in Polish and English):
- wxc2013.bydgoszcz.pl (out of date)
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.