9th Vogau 12hour Run 2012
Vogau (Austria), Saturday 12 May 2012
This atmospheric ultra running event takes place in the southern part of Austria and offers a 6-hour and a 12-hour race as well as 12-hour relay races for teams of up to 20 runners.
The event takes place in Vogau, a neat village located in a low-lying region between the cities of Graz and Maribor, just about five kilometres from the border with Slovenia.
The route is a 1,830-metre loop on asphalt roads. The course is very mildly undulating, traffic-free and AIMS-certified.
A well-stocked feed station provides all sorts of food and drinks (including two varieties of beer), and a DJ makes sure that runners keep running.
In 2011, the winners of the 12-hour race were Boris Ivanovič of Slovenia (140.6km) and Andrea Tahedl of Austria (107.6km).
- Vogau (24km from Maribor, 46km from Graz, 150km from Ljubljana, 228km from Vienna)
- 12 May 2012 (Saturday)
- 12-hour relay (2-4 runners)
- 12-hour mega relay (5-20 runners)
- 8.00: 12-hour run
- 14.00: 6-hour run
- payment by bank transfer
- entries close 18 April 2012
- late entries only after consultation with the race organizers
Entry fees (6h):
- 35 euros (until 18 April 2012)
- 45 euros (late entries)
Entry fees (12h):
- 40 euros (until 18 April 2012)
- 50 euros (late entries)
Entry fees (4-person relay):
- 30 euros per person (until 18 April 2012)
- 40 euros per person (late entries)
Entry fees (mega relay):
- 25 euros per person (until 18 April 2012)
- 35 euros per person (late entries)
- ChampionChip - use your own chip or rent a chip for 3 euros (30 euros deposit)
- Kultursaal Vogau (Friday 11 May 18.30-20.30, on the day 6.45-7.30 and 12.00-13.45)
- camping possibilities along the course
- a souvenir gift
- massage (for individual and 4-person relay runners)
- at 21.30
Number of finishers 2011:
- 6h: 64
- 12h: 68
- 4-person relay: 10 teams
- mega relay: 52 teams
Event website (in German):
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.