Hortobágy National Park (Hungary), Saturday 14 July 2012
The Délibáb Terepfutás ("Mirage Cross-Country Run") takes place on the vast grassland of the Puszta in the Hortobágy National Park, a World Heritage Site, situated on the Great Hungarian Plain.
Last year, over 850 runners took part in the event.
Entrants can choose to run 7km (one lap), 14km (two laps) or a 21.1km half marathon (three laps).
Although the route is pancake-flat it's a tough race as it is held on a summer afternoon in July when the sun is usually blazing hot — and there's no shade at all in the Puszta!
Along the route runners may see long-horn grey cattle, buffaloes, long-wool Racka sheep, horses, and herdsmen in traditional costumes.
- Máta Stud, Hortobágy National Park (ca. 180km east of Budapest)
- 14 July 2012 (Saturday)
- 13.00: 7km
- 15.00: 21.1km (14km runners join the half marathon field after the first lap)
Start and finish:
- Máta Stud (Mátai Ménes)
- online or in person in Budapest (until 11 July 2012)
- by post (until 6 July 2012)
- late entries on the day until 15 minutes before the start
Entry fees (7km):
- HUF 1800 (until 8 July)
- HUF 2200 (until 12 July)
- HUF 2700 (until 14 July 2012)
Entry fees (14km):
- HUF 4000 (until 8 July)
- HUF 4500 (until 14 July 2012)
Entry fees (21.1km):
- HUF 5500 (until 8 July)
- HUF 6500 (until 14 July 2012)
Exchange rate (June 2012):
- HUF1000 = ca. €3.40
- ChampionChip (no chip rental fees but HUF 1000 deposit for the chip)
- near the start (from 11.30 until 15 minutes before the start)
- goodie bag
- chip timing
- changing facilities
- bag storage
- to the first three men and three women (all distances)
Number of finishers 2011:
- 7km: 218
- 14km: 97
- 21.1km: 538
Event website (in Hungarian):
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page! Please visit the official event website to verify the above information.