Piancavallo (Italy), Sunday 11 September 2011
The Skyrace Monte Cavallo takes runners on a highly challenging mountain trail run around Monte Cavallo (2251m) which rises high above the Venetian-Friulian Plain in the north-eastern part of Italy.
The route is a 20km loop that includes 1,650m of climbing (and the same of descent), partly on very rough trails. The highest point on the course is at 2,035m above sea level.
The start and finish are in the ski resort of Piancavallo (1,270m) which sits half-way up the mountain, about sixteen kilometres up the road from the small town and U.S Air Force base of Aviano.
Participants are strongly advised to carry a windstopper jacket with them. It's allowed to use trekking poles. There are five feed stations along the route.
The time limit stands at six hours, so that runners can take their time to enjoy the spectacular panoramic views.
In 2010, the winners were Alessandro Morassi (2:13:10) and Jennifer Senik (2:40:44).
- 11 September 2011 (Sunday)
- Friuli-Venezia Giulia
- Piancavallo (16km from Aviano, 77km from Treviso, 80km from Udine, 107km from Venice)
- at the Ristorante 'Roncjade' in Piancavallo
- ca. 20km (+1650m, -1650m)
- online or by fax (from 13 June until 9 September 2011), payment by bank transfer
- late entries on the day
- €30 (until 7 September 2011)
- €35 (until 11 September 2011)
- Area "Roncjade" (Saturday 10 September 2011, 13.00-18.00; on the day 6.00-8.00)
- goody bag
- lunch after the race
- to the first 10 men and 5 women
- category prizes
- at 14.30
Number of finishers 2010:
Event website (in Italian):
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.