Körmend (Hungary), Saturday 7 May 2011
The start and the finish are at the castle in Körmend.
Körbe Körmend offers a 5K and a 10K road running race.
The route is a flat 5km loop around Körmend, a small town of about 12,000 people, located in the far west of Hungary.
The majority of the competitors are Hungarians, but as the border with Austria is just a few kilometres away the race usually draws a fair number of Austrian runners as well.
However, with about 200 participants, including the children's races, it's a relatively small event.
Starting and finishing in the gardens of the imposing Batthyány-Strattman Castle (pictured above), the route runs through the town centre and through the protected castle park with its many beautiful old trees.
Last year's 10K winners were Hungary's Árpád Garami (0:35:32) and Jutta Pfeiler of Austria (0:43:54).
- Körmend (105km from Graz, 129km from Maribor, 186km from Vienna, 259km from Budapest)
- 7 May 2011 (Saturday)
- 200m-800m-2km children's races
- 16.00-16.30: children's races
- 16.50: 5km and 10km
Start and finish:
- at the Batthyány-Strattmann-kastély
- online or by e-mail (up to one week before the event)
- late entries on the day (up to one hour before the start)
Entry fees (5km, 10km):
- HUF 1000 (advance entries)
- HUF 1500 (late entries)
Entry fees (children):
- HUF 700 (advance entries)
- HUF 1000 (late entries)
- HUF 1000 = ca. €3.80 (April 2011)
- on the square opposite of the castle (Szabadság tér)
- a T-shirt
Number of finishers 2010:
- 10km: 41
- 5km: 63
- 2km: 38
Event website (in Hungarian and partly in German):
- www.rsekmd.t-online.hu (out of date)
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.