Bassano del Grappa (Italy), Saturday 11 June 2011
Runners will cross the Ponte degli Alpini six times.
For the first time, the Gazzetta Run will take place in Bassano del Grappa, a beautiful town situated at the foot of the Venetian Alps in northern Italy, about 70 kilometres from Venice.
The course is 10 kilometres long and consists of three undulating laps through Bassano's picturesque old town. The start/finish area is on the central Piazza Libertà.
The start is at 7pm when the town is usually crowded with people. Participants run six times across Bassano's main square and across the magnificent Ponte degli Alpini which was designed by the architect Andrea Palladio in the sixteenth century.
Named after Italy's major sports tabloid La Gazzetta dello Sport, the Gazzetta Run race series comprises eight road running races, staged in eight cities and towns of Italy.
- Bassano del Grappa (36km from Vicenza, 47km from Padua, 70km from Venice, 90km from Verona)
- 11 June 2011 (Saturday)
- ca. 10km
- 17.00: children
- 19.00: 10km
Start and finish:
- Piazza Libertà
- online or by post or fax or in person on the day of the event (until 2 hours before the start)
- payment by credit card or bank transfer or in cash on the day
- entrants may have to provide a medical certificate at registration
- in the start/finish area (16.00-24.00)
- chip timing
- maglia rosa (pink jersey) to the first man and first woman
- product prizes to the first three men and women
Number of finishers 2010:
Race report, photos and results:
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.