Saturday 9 July 2011
The Aupark Ladies Run Žilina, the third and final race of a series of three women's running events in Slovakia, will be staged in Žilina, a city of about 85,000 people, located close to the borders with the Czech Republic and Poland.
The race will be 3.6 kilometres long. Starting and finishing at the Aupark shopping centre, the ladies will run two loops (2 x 1.8km) through Žilina's old town with its large squares and its pretty burgher houses and many arcades.
Held just one week after the Ladies Run in Bratislava, the first Ladies Run in Žilina is expected to be a relatively small event. Nevertheless, it will also include a high-heels run, a shopping-cart race and fashion shows.
Due to bad weather the Ladies Run Žilina has been postponed from 2 July to to 9 July!
- Žilina (105km from Ostrava, 167km from Kraków, 200km from Bratislava, 211km from Brno)
- 9 July 2011 (Saturday)
Start and finish:
- Aupark shopping centre, Žilina
- online (up to 28 June 2011) with payment by bank transfer or credit card
- late entries on the day
- €8 (up to 11 June 2011)
- €11 (up to 2 July 2011)
- Aupark shopping centre:
- Friday 1 July 2011, 12.00-18.00
- Saturday 2 July 2011, 10.00-14.00
- goody bag
- chip timing
- entry into the post-race prize drawing
- to the first 3 overall
- to the first 3 juniors (under 18 years)
- to the first 3 seniors (50 years and over)
Award ceremony and prize drawing:
- at 16.45
Changing facilities, bag storage:
Number of finishers 2010:
Event website (in English, German and Slovak):
- www.bratislavamarathon.com/en/?s=ladiesrun (out of date)
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.