Cividale del Friuli (Italy), Sunday 2 January 2011
Ponte del Diavolo, Cividale del Friuli
This new running event takes place in Cividale del Friuli, a picture-postcard small town in the far north-east of Italy, located fifteen kilometres from the city of Udine and also very close to the border with Italy.
All proceeds of the event go to the charity project "Un Ponte per Herat" in Afghanistan.
Entrants can choose between the 10k race and the 5k non-competitive run.
The 10k is one lap on mixed terrain around the fields to the east of town, along the River Natisone and through Cividale's beautiful town centre.
The route is very mildly undulating.
- Cividale del Friuli (15km from Udine, 31km from Gorizia, 136km from Ljubljana)
- 2 January 2011 (Sunday)
- 10km competitive race
- 5km non-competitive run
- 10.30: 10km
- 10.35: 5km
Start and finish:
- via Udine, Cividale
- online (up to 20 December 2010)
- late entries on the day (9.00-10.00)
- entrants to the 10k race may have to provide a medical certificate at registration (please check with the organizers)
- 10km: €10
- 5km: €10 for adults, €5 for children
- Palazzetto dello sport (at the barracks Caserma "Francescatto"), via Udine (on the day 9.00-10.00)
- a souvenir gift (to the first 100 entrants)
- pasta party after the race
- raffle ticket
- a "Tony Wolf" souvenir postcard
- to the first 25 men, 20 women and to the 3 largest groups
- at 13.30
Number of finishers 2011:
- 10km: 307
- 5km: 235 adults and 92 children
Event website (in Italian):
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.