38. Tek na Šmarno goro
Ljubljana (Slovenia), Saturday 7 October 2017
The seventh and final race of the World Mountain Running Cup 2017 will take place on 7 October on the Šmarna gora hill, Slovenia's most popular hiking destination, located on the edge of the capital Ljubljana.
It's an open race, you don't need to qualify for the event.
Entries are € 10 on the day.
|General information and map of the venue|
Race information: 38. Šmarna gora Race 2017:
Venue: Ljubljana-Tacen (Ljubljana city centre 9km, Ljubljana airport 19km)
Date: 7 October 2017 (Saturday)
Start time and race distance:
- 9.55: 0.65km (+85m of ascent) for children born 2004-2009
- 10.00: 2.5km (+250m of ascent, -30m of descent) for children born 2002-2003
- 10.00: 10km (+710m of ascent, -350m of descent) for runners born 2001 or earlier
- 10km: at the sports park Rocen in Tacen, Ljubljana (at the foot of Šmarna gora)
- 0.65km/2.5km: children start higher up the course, near the finish
Finish: on the summit of Šmarna gora (669m)
Route: elevation profile
Entries: online or in person in the start area (on the day 8.00-9.30)
Entry fees (10km): € 10
Entry fees (children's races): € 5
- a souvenir gift
- transport of personal clothing from the start to the finish area
- refreshments on the course and at the finish
- chip timing
- a meal after the race
- a photo
- prize money to the first 14 men, 9 women, 3 male juniors, 3 female juniors
- trophies to the winners in each age group
- medals to the first 3 in each age group
Award ceremony: at 12.30 on Šmarna gora
Number of finishers 2016: 89 men, 19 women, 33 boys, 27 girls
Official race information (in Slovene):
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page! Please visit the official event website to verify the above information.