21st ‘Run through Panovec’ 2012
Nova Gorica (Slovenia), Sunday 26 February 2012
Participants in the Tek po Panovcu in Slovenia run 10 kilometres of an undulating route through Panovec, a lovely forest situated on the border with Italy.
Most of the race is run on dirt roads and trails. About one kilometre is on asphalt.
The start and the finish are at the ‘Dijaški dom’ hostel on the edge of Nova Gorica which is just across the border from the old town of Gorizia in Italy.
Panovec Forest was badly damaged during the World Wars but nowadays it's a popular recreational area, beloved for its many different species of trees.
Last year, around 170 runners took part in the race. The fastest finishers were Rok Puhar (32:15) and Petra Race (38:06).
- Nova Gorica (42km from Udine, 48km from Trieste, 106km from Ljubljana, 142km from Venice)
- 26 February 2012 (Sunday)
- ca. 10km
- 5km (non-competitive run without timekeeping; nordic walking)
Start and finish:
- Dijaški dom (Hostel and Student Dormitory), Streliška pot 7, Nova Gorica
- at the start (on the day from 9.00)
- 10 euros
- goody bag (to the first 160 entries)
- entry into the post-race prize drawing
- product prizes to the first 5 men and 3 women
- trophies to the first 3 men and 3 women
- medals to the first 3 in each category
Number of finishers 2011:
- 171 in the 10k race
Event website (in Slovene):
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.