Saturday 4 May 2019
The Welschlauf is a road running event held annually on the first Saturday in May in the Südsteiermark, a wine-producing region in the Steiermark (Styria) province in the southern part of Austria, near the border with Slovenia.
The marathon is a very hilly and scenic point-to-point race which connects the villages of Ehrenhausen (pictured) and Wies. The route alternates in direction each year.
- 4 May 2019 (Saturday)
Race distance and start time:
- 42.2km Marathon:
- at 10.00 in Ehrenhausen
- 21.1km Halbmarathon (half marathon):
- at 12.00 in Leutschach/Eichberg-Trautenburg
- 12.8km Viertelmarathon (quarter marathon)
- at 14.00 in Sankt Johann im Saggautal - Dorf Saggau
- 12.8km Nordic Walking
- at 14.10 in Sankt Johann im Saggautal - Dorf Saggau
- all races: Wies
Map of the venue (blue - Wies; red - Ehrenhausen):
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.