Weiden in der Oberpfalz - Amberg (Germany), Sunday 17 September 2017
The Freundschaftsmarathon ("Friendship Marathon") follows a scenic point-to-point course through the rolling hills of the Oberpfalz (Upper Palatinate) region in Germany's state of Bayern (Bavaria).
These races are available:
- 21.1km Halbmarathon (half marathon)
- 21.1km Nordic Walking Halbmarathon
- 42.2km Marathon
- 42.2km Staffel (marathon relay for 4-person teams: 4 x ca. 10.5km)
- 42.2km run & bike (2-person teams: one team member cycles, the other one runs; the two can change as often as they like)
In 2017, the 42.2km marathon will be started on the edge of the town of Weiden in der Oberpfalz (pictured).
The route will take the runners through rural areas, small towns and villages to the finish on the main square of the Old Town of Amberg.
The half marathon will begin in the small town of Schnaittenbach, at the halfway mark of the marathon.
The difference between the lowest and the highest point on the marathon course is 90 metres. From start to finish, the route features approximately 400 metres of ascent and 400 metres of descent.
In 2015 (the Freundschaftsmarathon takes place every second year), the event had approximately 1,000 finishers. The marathon was run in the other direction, from Amberg to Weiden. Angelo Spörl (2:41:46) and Katja Deppisch (3:33:19) were the fastest finishers.
The time limit to finish the 42.2km marathon is five hours.
Race informaton: 7. Freundschaftsmarathon 2017
Venue (Map): Weiden in der Oberpfalz —> Amberg
Date: 17 September 2017 (Sunday)
Start (42.2km): at 9.00 at the Bayernwerk AG, Moosbürger Str. 15, Weiden in der Oberpfalz
Start (21.1km): at 10.00 at the Grund- und Mittelschule, Amberger Str. 32, Schnaittenbach
Finish: Marktplatz, Amberg
- Raseliushaus/Stadtbibliothek, Zeughausstr. 1a, Amberg (Saturday 15.00-17.00)
- in the start areas (on the day until 30 minutes before the start)
Entries: online (entries close 10 September 2017; no entries on the day)
Entry fees (21.1km):
- € 15 (up to 1 May 2017)
- € 17 (up to 1 August 2017)
- € 20 (up to 10 September 2017)
Entry fees (42.2km):
- € 25 (up to 1 May 2017)
- € 30 (up to 1 August 2017)
- € 35 (up to 10 September 2017)
Entry fees (42.2km relay):
- € 15 per person (up to 1 May 2017)
- € 17 per person (up to 1 August 2017)
- € 20 per person (up to 10 September 2017)
Entry fees (run & bike):
- € 20 per person (up to 1 May 2017)
- € 22 per person (up to 1 August 2017)
- € 25 per person (up to 10 September 2017)
Timekeeping: Easy-Chip (included in the entry fees)
- a hotel voucher
- marathon party with live music in the finish area
- certificate (online)
- transport of personal clothing from the start areas to Amberg
- bus service between Amberg and Weiden (on reservation: € 3 per person, € 3 for the bike)
- no shuttle service for relay runners!
Showers and changing facilities: triMAX Sporthalle, Max-Josef-Straße 3, Amberg
Award ceremony: at 14.00 in the finish area
Number of finishers 2015: 371 (21km run), 67 (21km nordic walking), 95 (42km), 125 run & bike teams, 53 relay teams
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page! Please visit the official event website to verify the above information.