Debrecen (Hungary), October 2016 - March 2017
Held annually on six Saturdays between October and March, the Oxigén Kupa race series is one of the most popular running events in eastern Hungary.
Each race attracts around 500 to 700 runners.
The event offers children's races (1.5km, 2.5km), a 5km race (two laps) and a 10km race (four laps), held on the gently-undulating trails of the protected Nagyerdő (Great Forest) which spreads to the north of Debrecen, Hungary's second-largest city with a population of over 200,000 people.
The event does not charge any entry fees. You just need to pay a small one-time fee for the bib chip, which you can then use in all events of the series.
Event details: 10. Oxigén Kupa 2016-2017
Venue (Map): Nagyerdő (Great Forest), Debrecen
- 1st event: 8 October 2016 (Saturday)
- 2nd event: 12 November 2016 (Saturday)
- 3rd event: 10 December 2016 (Saturday)
- 4th event: 14 January 2017 (Saturday) 25 February 2017 (Saturday)
- 5th event: 11 February 2017 (Saturday) 18 March 2017 (Saturday)
- 6th event: 11 March 2017 (Saturday)
Start time and race distance:
- 10.00: 1.5km (children born 2009 or later)
- 10.20: 2.5km (children born 2008-2005)
- 10.40: 2.5km (children born 2004-2002)
- 11.00: 5km (men and women)
- 11.45: 10km (men and women)
Start/finish area: in the forest, ca. 500 metres north of the north-western corner (Gate III.) of the Public Cemetery (Köztemető), Benczúr Gyula Street (Benczúr Gyula utca)
Route: course map
Entries: online; late entries on the day (up to 30 minutes before the start)
Entry fees: no entry fees
Timekeeping: bib chip timing — entrants must pay a one-time fee of 1000 HUF (ca. 3.30 EUR) for the bib
Prizes: to the first 3 men and 3 women in each race; certificate and T-shirt to all runners who take part in at least three events
Event website: frissoxigen.hu
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page! Please visit the official event website to verify the above information.