Kávás (Hungary), Sunday 6 March 2016
Approximately 450 runners and hikers from Hungary and neighbouring countries took part in last year's 7th edition of the Göcsej Galopp which is held annually in the hills of the Göcsej region in the far west of Hungary.
Situated near the borders with Austria and Slovenia, Göcsej is a beautiful place for running as it's a thinly-populated region of woods, streams, farmland and scattered villages, criss-crossed by trails.
In some places, time seems to have stopped many years ago.
The event comprises a Trail Running Competition for ambitious athletes as well as a non-competitive Performance Tour for fun runners and hikers.
Three race distances are available (5km, 16km, 55km). Participants in the Performance Tour can choose between four routes (5km, 16km, 33km, 55km).
Starting and finishing in the very pretty village of Kávás, all routes are on mixed terrain and mainly off road. Parts of the course can become rather muddy after rain, so you'd better take your trail shoes.
The route is well marked and participants also get a map which they can take with them on the run.
Venue (Map): Kávás (Zalaegerszeg 12km, Maribor 110km, Graz 119km, Zagreb 176km, Vienna 188km, Budapest 235km)
Date: 6 March 2016 (Sunday)
Start time and race distance:
- 6.00-8.00: 55km (non-competitive run and walk)
- 6.00-9.00: 33km (non-competitive run and walk)
- 8.00-10.00: 5km, 16km (non-competitive run and walk)
- 10.10: 5km, 16km, 55km (competitive races)
Start and finish: Iskolaköz utca (Iskolaköz Street), Kávás
Race centre: in the start/finish area
Entries: online or by e-mail (up to 28 February 2016), payment by bank transfer; late entries on the day
Entry fees (non-competitive run and walk — Performance Tour):
- 5km: 600 HUF (up to 28 Feb 2016), 800 HUF (up to 6 March 2016)
- 16km: 900 HUF (up to 28 Feb 2016), 1200 HUF (up to 6 March 2016)
- 33km/55km: 1300 HUF (up to 28 Feb 2016), 1600 HUF (up to 6 March 2016)
Entry fees (competitive races — Trail Running Competition):
- 5km: 1000 HUF (up to 28 Feb 2016), 2000 HUF (up to 6 March 2016)
- 16km: 1600 HUF (up to 28 Feb 2016), 3000 HUF (up to 6 March 2016)
- 55km: 4000 HUF (up to 28 Feb 2016), 5500 HUF (up to 6 March 2016)
Exchange rate: 1000 HUF = ca. 3.20 EUR (January 2016)
Timekeeping: stop watch
You get: snacks and drinks on the course and at the finish; a meal after the run; certificate and a bagde
Showers and changing facilities: yes
Prizes (Trail Running Competition): product prizes to the male and female winners of each race, medals to the first three in each age group
Number of finishers 2015 (Trail Running Competition): 18 (5km), 63 (16km), 14 (55km)
Number of finishers 2016: 450
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page! Please visit the official event website to verify the above information.